By MEGHAN BRADBURY / firstname.lastname@example.org – | Jun 8, 2022
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County is expanding its Summer Enrichment Program. In addition to existing camps –including a school-based camp at Varsity Lakes Middle and a community club-based camp on Wings Way here in Lehigh — the expansion includes new sites in Fort Myers and Cape Coral.
Summer camps operate from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays, starting June 6 and ending July 29. Programs are available for youth ages six through 18 and focus on five core areas: education and career, service and leadership, health and wellness, the arts, and sports and recreation.
Program activities include field trips, hands-on STEM projects, arts and crafts, team-building exercises, activity challenges, sports, talent shows, guest speakers and classes covering marine life, safety, nutrition and other topics. Lunch and snacks are provided daily.
“When parents search for summer camps in Southwest Florida, they often find that programs are already full or too expensive,” said Denise Gergley, CEO of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County. “We want to create additional opportunities that are affordable and convenient for families while being educational and enjoyable for children and teens.”
The Boys & Girls Clubs will offer Summer Enrichment Programs at the following locations:
• Fort Myers (1900 Park Meadows Drive): $65 per week (new location)
• Lehigh Acres (1262 Wings Way, Unit 201): $55 per week
• Lehigh Acres (Varsity Lakes Middle – 801 Gunnery Road North): $55 per week
• Fort Myers (James Stephens Elementary – 1333 Marsh Ave.): $55 per week
• Cape Coral (Gulf Middle – 1809 SW 36th Terrace): $55 per week (new location)
• Bonita Springs (26120 Pueblo Bonito Blvd.): $55 per week (restricted to residents of Pueblo Bonito)
• Fort Myers (1633 Joust St.): Free (restricted to residents of Renaissance Preserve)
Scholarship assistance and sibling discounts are available. There is a one-time $30 registration fee.
For more information or to register, visit BGClee.org.